Notarygo dumped me

I have been signing with NotaryGO since January 2018. In June, 2020, I completed 28 signings for them at $1,750.00, First week in July, I noticed I was not getting any more requests. It took a few emails and phone calls to find out they “froze” my account, without warning. They state I refused to do post-closing corrections. That is their euphemism for me refusing to back-date a signature name affidavit upon which I had omitted placing my notarial stamp. I made the correction within 24 hours but that was not good enough because, of course, my correction had the new date and required my seeing the signer face-to-face. Florida is quite specific in it’s statute and specifically uses the term “contemporaneous completion.” That means once we part presence, there is no altering the notarial certificate. A NotaryGo manager said it was “industry standard” to stamp a missed certificate after the fact. Florida law says no. When I appealed to NotaryGo via USPS to find out the case or cases they held against me I was simply told I was an independent contractor and the business relationship has to be mutual or it is not at all. Hint, hint, I was not wanted anymore because I would not violate Florida Notarial Law.

1 Like

Be happy. It was a learning experience. Now move on to MUCH better paying companies. NotaryGo is the bottom of the barrel. Please stop working for $62.50.

13 Likes

You’re absolutely right about Florida Notary Law and kudos to you for standing up for it and yourself. You don’t want to put your reputation or your commission on the line for any company that asks you to violate state law.

I hope you got paid in full - and hopefully moved on to better paying companies.

Good luck to you

1 Like

I’m sorry this happened to you. The company is losing a good notary and I hope they realize it. Good for you sticking to the notary laws! I hope you do well with other companies. Thank you for letting other notaries what a bad company they are.

2 Likes

Like you, I would NEVER do something illegal or unethical for anyone or any company. As Notary Publics we have a strict standard to maintain and I would never risk losing my Notary Commission doing something even halfway “questionable”. Good for you that you adhered to all the standards expected of us as Notaries.

1 Like

I just got rid of them myself. I’m a newbie & I was just using them for experience. But when a certain woman kept trying to bully me into breaking my vow I knew that my license wasn’t safe w/ that company. Not to mention the signings were always far away, 200 pgs w/ full scan backs for $60.

1 Like

28 signings should have paid over $3000. - NotaryGo is not a great company. I have negotiated much higher fees with them…

1 Like

I think i did one job with them thats it usually out of my area and I don’t bother

John it really just comes down to knowing your worth! If you are not a new Agent you shouldn’t be accepting those low ball fees from Notarygo are any other agency. Just Saying!

Guess who just called me to go back to a signing I did for them in EARLY JULY?!!! Of course they said I missed that sheet of paper OVER A MONTH AGO & wanted me to go 40miles to the signer and notarize the document for the July date, on my own dime. Without debating I just said NO. They already paid me the $60 for that signing & I’m done with that company.
SS need to be regulated too, That’s just not right. Johnny them dumping you was REALLY a blessing in disguise.

1 Like

Learning or getting experience is one thing. I don’t think even a newbie should work for ridiculously low fees. In life I’ve learned that people/companies that pay the lowest fee are the ones that require the most work.

You can’t make up losses with volume. If you loose money on 28 jobs that is simply loosing money 28 times.

Respectfully,

2 Likes

This happened to me with a signing company as well - with a mistake on their part. I found the email for the complaince department. Emailed the situation that had occured and the retaliation as a result.
I started getting assignments again. : )

1 Like

Stopped working for Notarygo a couple of years ago. One of the lowest paying companies ever. I blocked them, and still keep getting request in my spam folder.

2 Likes

Well thats one fly off your back. I can’t tell you how many times in 21 years that has happened to me where a company insists that I break my states laws to do what they want. I tell them my only boss is the secretary of state and if they have a problem they should contact that office and also to loose my number.

1 Like

Doing the math, it figures out to be around $60-70 per job for you. How do you make money doing that? I dropped NotaryGO a long time ago. You’re worth more than that.

2 Likes

Hello Johnny, I hope it is ok that I am sharing your message in my Facebook Group @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/395243297551140/. I am a notary trainer and I speak on backdating with almost every class. I am also doing a quick “Notary Nugget” on Backdating this month. I believe it is important to educate notaries on how important it is “NOT TO BACKDATE”. It is better to simply move on when the SS is requesting that we do that. Thank you for sharing your experience!

1 Like

Not to beat a dead horse, but I don’t accept anything from Notary Go anymore…way too picky. It’s not their commission that is in jeopardy if things aren’t done correctly.

1 Like

I won’t work for them either,had horrible time with them. Same problem refused to give them a blank notary with no attachments and pay for FedEx. Move on they are bottom feeders!! They also forgot to send
( right to cancel ) then wanted it back dated and me to pay fedex

What did they try and force you to do?

I made a totally rookie mistake even though I am a Notary for twenty-eight years: I forgot to stamp a notarized Signature/Name Affidavit. NotaryGo wanted me to just stamp it in direct, overt, disobedience to Florida Notarial Statue: Florida statutes include the concept of “contemporaneous closiing,” that means when you part presence with the signer it’s over no crossing a “t,” or dotting an “i” a couple blocks up the street. In less than 24 hours I re-met the signers, re-executed the Signature/Name Affidavit with the date of the re-meeting. NotaryGo flat out said I “refused to make corrections” and that was it. No arbitration, no discussion: just “hit the road, Jack!” I am appalled how often signing services UNABASHEDLY ask a Notary to break the law and risk imprisonment.