Prestige notaries accounting dept

I have been going back and forth with Prestige Notaries since April on invoices not paid. I have received responses “I sincerely apologize that you have not received your payment. Please know this weighs heavily on us-we lose sleep over it too.” Really than why am I not getting paid. Last I heard from them was you should receive payment for all by September 7th. Here is is the 10th and I have yet to rec. payment and now I get no response. How do I go about getting a lawyer to help address this issue? I have 6 invoices that I have not been paid ranging from January 2026 to June 2026. This is ridicules.

@clarlm1059 Sorry :thinking: to read that you were caught in their Non-Payment ploy . . .


Presume you’ve already performed the following:

“Notary must send an invoice to Accounting@PrestigeNotaries. Com and upload a W9 to receive payment from Prestige.”


Within the following threads there is helpful data for your Research regarding outstanding Invoice Collection:

https://forum.notarycafe.com/t/prestige-notaries-non-payment-issues-unacceptable/49197


The following direct Notary Cafe url links will be insightful & helpful to you regarding Invoice Collection:

http://forum.notarycafe.com/t/notaries-will-travel/1959/20


:swan:

No lawyer will take a case unless there is big bucks in it for therm. At a minimum, it would cost you more than the 6 invoices are even worth. Sounds like you have a small claims case, at best.

Is there a form on that website that you can fill out with the details of the money that you’re owed?

Time to take your past due invoices to the TC. For years I used to hear this waved off as “not the TC’s problem since they already paid the signing service” — now that I have an insurance license myself, I can say that’s not accurate.

The TC can’t just wash their hands because they paid the signing service. They benefited from the notarized work — the signing got done, the loan closed, the file moved forward — and that benefit came through a vendor they chose to hire. If that signing service has a pattern of not paying notaries, the TC’s continued use of them, and their refusal to intervene once it’s brought to their attention, is the TC turning a blind eye to something happening under their own licensed umbrella.

So if a TC says “it’s not our problem, contact the SS,” elevate it. Before contacting the Department of Insurance, I suggest drafting a letter and send a copy to the TC giving them a set number of days to pay those overdue invoices or a complaint will be filed. If the TC ignores you, follow through: file a complaint with the Department of Insurance where the TC is licensed. A formal complaint puts them on the hook in a way an individual notary chasing payment can’t.

Title companies are licensed and regulated at the state level, and part of holding that license — a “producer’s license,” which is the technical term for an insurance license — is meeting ethical standards as an ongoing condition of licensure. It’s not optional or aspirational, it’s baked into what the Department of Insurance expects of them, and it applies to any insurance-adjacent company, title or otherwise. Ethics is a core requirement of that license — I had to take 12 hours of it for my initial license, and 12 hours of continuing education before renewal every two years.

When contacting the Department of Insurance, I’d suggest framing this specifically as a likely ethics violation: title companies benefit from the notarized work of state-commissioned notaries public, and doing business with vendors who don’t pay their subcontractors calls that ethics standard into question. Do their ethical obligations end the moment they cut a check to their vendor — a vendor operating absent any ethical standards? That’s not a standard the Department of Insurance should be willing to let slide.

A Department of Insurance complaint is not a stretch or an escalation for its own sake — it’s asking the regulator to look at whether the TC is meeting the ethical standards they’re already supposed to be held to.