RON for all states?

I contacted Amrock about being added to their RON signings. They said they are not accepting Ron applications in MIchigan. Does that mean Michigan is a NO- RON state, or do they have too many RON notaries for Michigan?

1 Like

Someone told me that they also are not allowing RON in Colorado. Any other CO notaries know if this is true?

As for your question, I have no idea what’s going on with Amrock. They have been doing all kind of strange things lately. I’ve had multiple instances where they’ve made up rules that don’t exist and talking to different people who work there can get you completely different answers.

2 Likes

There is definitely something odd going on with Amrock. I am a Florida notary and at one point I was doing over 100 RON closings monthly for them. I have not done a RON closing for Amrock in months. When I asked they said they are not longer doing RON in FL. Does anyone knows anything about this? I have a feeling they might be doing these closings in house… My understanding is that you have to physically be in FL if you are a notary doing RON closings. I am courious to know if anyone in FL has experience the same?

3 Likes

I was under the impression that lenders do not like RON as much as in person closings due to possible fraud

1 Like

uh oh Amrock. Get it together :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

This might help to understand what is going on at AMROCK.

1 Like

It sounds great to the clients I guess, if they pass the technology tests (headset, video phone etc) which they sometimes do not. Thanks for posting the article :wink:

1 Like

Colorado now has RON.

1 Like

Michigan IS a RON state also

1 Like

The State of Texas allows RON. Which is great for me… It’s just getting others to buy into the use of it that has been a slow process. Folks are a little leery… I use a proper 3rd party company, and pay a monthly to keep my account active.

1 Like

I have noticed that more recently, signers are signing non notary ron documents directly before closing. The only docs they signed in the RON session were the signature name affidavit and the mortgage. The ID process has become more streamlined as well. Last closing I did was six minutes with four minutes being the sign in. I am starting to question whether they will be keeping the same setup with the notaries they have or maybe using their own employees instead. in the future. They will still use notaries for the all paper closing and IPEN closings. since those require direct contact with the notary with the notary securing identification as usual. I don’t think there is a law that a notary has to be in the same state as the borrower, but more of a lender requirement. I have friends at the local title companies and they do closings for out of state properties on RON.

2 Likes

@jnewberry :owl: Concur :100: percent. The proverbial ‘handwriting’ has been on the wall regarding this for sometime . . .

Once all counties can Record the documents electronically (the only element of the current process that is hindering ‘progress’), well . . . POOF! We’re basically dinosaurs.

:swan:

Good afternoon everyone,

I spoke with a friend of mine who still works for AMROCK (at least for the time being she has dodged the lay-off bull it) and she told me that loan originations are off 87%!! My feeling is that the lack of RON signings (or ANY signings for that matter) have more to do with a lack of business than anything else.

I think we can expect this business drought to continue for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

They won’t have to wait for all counties (or other jurisdictions; in Vermont and Connecticut it’s cities or towns) to be able to record electronically. Vermont just passed it’s version of the Uniform Real Property Electronic Recording Act. This allows a notary (any notary, not necessarily the one who notarized a document) to make a paper certified copy of an electronic document, and the recording jurisdiction can accept that instead of a paper notarized original.

1 Like

Thanks for the update;) sounds like it’s going to be rough

RON closing have always been shunned upon in Pennsylvania. It was authorized during the heat of COVID that time has come and gone.

1 Like

I was contacted a few months back from Amrock. They sent me info to get their RON platform and took all the required steps. I also completed their IPen course and received the required DAN numbers from SOS. I received a signing for an IPen closing and the day before the closing it was cancelled. Colorado is fairly new with RON but have not had anything from Amrock since completing their requirements. Colorado SOS office was helpful.

1 Like

I Completed all that over a year ago for Amrock, and never recieved a one. Imagine That!

2 Likes

Ugh. I feel your pain:(. I guess we wait!!

1 Like